SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions about the BatchPCB service

Moderator: robacarp

By LukeZ
All we can say is that when we try to import your drill files under the 2.3 format, the drill hits are way off. We then close and re-import under the eagle 2.4. Not the end of the world.
I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere else already, so forgive me for asking a redundant question - but what program are these being imported into? If we could try it ourselves then I'm sure we could figure out what settings are necessary in Eagle to get it to work right.

I'd be happy to even write a tutorial on Eagle drill files - but so far what we think is right isn't, and so far as I know the solution hasn't yet been found on these fora.

Puzzled... :roll:

Luke
By sparky
We use Protel DXP.

We use the CAMTastic sub-program to Protel to import your gerbers and panelize them. CAMTastic import defaults to 2.3 trailing.

-Nathan
By LukeZ
Ok, I downloaded CAMTastic and have been playing around with it. I can import my gerbers but the drill file is always messed up, no matter which way I import it: 2.3 or 2.4, leading or trailing or no suppression; whatever. If I impot 2.3 the drill holes are way off to the top right of the board. If I import 2.4 they are all bunched together real small in the lower left side of the board.

Of course I've only had about 30 minutes of my total life devoted to CAMTastic, so I may not really know what I'm doing. Anyone else tried this? I wonder if this should be a new thread - Solving the Drill file for Eagle?

Luke
By LukeZ
As far as starting a new thread I've just noticed that this one is also now discussing the same topic, so I won't.

In that thread it has been noted that NONE of the Eagle drill files of any configuration received by SFE have yet to be in the correct 2.3 trailing format.

Luke
By pittuck
its because eagle used the leading format :D lol.