SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By bberrocal
hi,
I've placed an order the 6th of march 2005 and selected
USPS Global Express Mail as shipping method. (order num 4823)

how can i track the package? in your customer service information you state that it is trackable, but in the 2 mails you sent me there wasn't any code or track number or alternative method!!!

I also need to get in contact with the shipper in order to give him some advice on how to pass through my weird doorbell!

thanks in advance
b.
By bberrocal
is anybody monitoring the forums????
I've paid extra money for this global express mail delivery option!!! I paid it also because it said it would be trackable!!!!

nobody replys at my e-mails nor my posts in this forum...
I have to say my customer satisfaction is going down very fast! :(

I can be patient and wait a bit longer than what stated in the shipping options, but you shouldn't disappear after sending the shipping confirmation e-mail.

please, I wait a reply to my previous post
thanks
b.
By sparky
Hello B,

It seems that as our order load has increased, so has the number of customer demands. My sincerest apologies for the delayed response. I was attending the OReilly Conference in San Diego - http://conferences.oreillynet.com/etech/. Any email mistakenly sent to the general email box might have slipped through the cracks (300+ on my return Wednesday).

This is a hardware support forum. For order support, you would have best been served had you emailed customer support at support@sparkfun.com which can be found on the Customer Service button on the SFE website.

As for your shipping confirmation - you were sent an email on the 7th of march to : "bberrocal@hotmail.com" with the USPS Express Mail Tracking number. My apologies if you did not receive the email - we have a copy of the sent email that I can forward. Please verify your email address. Also, we have heard of a few reports of SFE emails getting eaten by SPAM filters. Please double check that the confirmation email did not get rerouted by your free email service.

You should be able to track it on the USPS website www.usps.com (also in the email) but I would rather note post the tracking # on the forum for your security.

Let us know if we can help with anything else,
-Nathan
By bberrocal
hi sparky - Nathan,

thanks for your reply,
my customer satisfaction is going high again :)

please send me again the mail with the shipping confirmation code. I never received it. the address is right. bberrocal@hotmail.com
I'll wright it to the support e-mail as weel.

I'm just replying for all the other future international customers.
I'll post here when I'll receive the package how long did it actually take to arrive.

thanks again
b.
By bberrocal
As promised here is the summary of how the whole process went...
For any other future international customer, here it is:

-- DELIVERY PUNCTUALITY --
the package(s) arrived safely at destination (italy) without too much delay.
I placed the order on the 6th of march
the packages were shipped on the 7th
and they arrived at destination in 2 different packages one on the 16th and the other on the 17th
(I didn't expect more than one package though)

this means that it all got here just 4-5 days later than what stated by the
USPS Global Express Mail (4-5 days)

-- CUSTOMER SERVICE --
after an initial delay in comunications, due to a casual coincidence (the OReilly Conference in San Diego)
the customer service answered constantly and effectively helped me out of my frets.

-- NOTES --
just one item, a very simple cable didn't get shipped..nothing very important.
and I've been offered refund for it

-- OVERALL CUSTOMER SATISFACTION --
ok at the end all went well...vote:8/10 :)
I'll buy again on sparkfun...the products are very good and the price too!!
By sparky
Excellent! Thanks for the breakdown!

I would *love* to hear evaluations from other customers, both domestic and international. Shipping times would be great for future customers.

Your review is confirming my worry about Global Express Mail being too slow. The extra price does not get faster shipping times, only a more secure means and trackability.

:oops: - really sorry about the missing cable. We hired new help 3-4 weeks ago. With more than a few orders being shipped these days, the new help is learning. Sorry you had to play guinea pig.

-Nathan