SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By MJ
I guess the title says it all, but it might be helpful to have a downloads section. Currently the site layout has the downloads sorted by application (such as tutorial or close to the appropriate product).

The new 'projects' section could be considered good for such downloads; just a matter of design. User-contributed schematics, sample code, and pictures could be uploaded to this section. And if they didn't fit within a specific project, you could make a "miscellaneous" project section.

Just brainstorming now--I think SF has a great attitude of being open to suggestions from users; kudos to Nathan and crew!

Jeff
By sparky
We are open to suggestions more and more these days. Our customers have had some great ones.

Would you rather see it as a webpage? (more admin on our side) or a PHPbb/forum section? (leave it up to the users). I like the idea of being able to upload things to the forum but...

PHPbb gurus : how do I allow uploads or attachments to posts?

-Nathan
By MJ
After posting that comment I realized it would create some headaches for you--

* Could take lots of space if a user uploads tons of stuff and isn't careful,
* Almost necessitates babysitting so that it doesn't get out of hand--i.e. requires management (and therefore time; and time is money!)

If there were a way that uploads could be user-accessible through the phpbb, the project-separated sections would likely suffice. Just might need a little tidying every once in a while by SF.