SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website

Would you like to see this feature?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
0%
I'd be happy to write tutorials
No votes
0%
By frogboyflips
Hello,

The world of accelerometers, gyros, magnetos etc is quite new to me and the learning curve is steeper than I had imagined.

I think that it would be very useful to many newbies if sparkfun wrote tutorials on how their sensors can be used. Or perhaps a forum section for this purpose was created.

Some tutorials could be using a gyro to detemine pitch, roll and yaw, uses of accelerometers, basics of kalman filtering, pressure sensor to altitude.

Whilst a lot of these articles exist already on the internet you could tailor your tutorials so that they provide specific examples based on the components sparkfun provides with sample code etc.

I'm sure many customers that buy components for projects would benefit from being able to quickly use them without extensive research.
By reklipz
I concur.

I recently decided to do something with an LIS3LV02DQ that I had laying around. I've written up some C source code that reads the accelerations along the 3 axis and spits em out over a USART on the PIC so i can see them on my computer, but I don't know where to go from here.

I was hoping to make something similar to the Wiimote (Wii remote control) that I could then implement via USB to use on the computer, either as a mouse or with custom drivers for a custom application.

If you would like to start some sort of code compilation as a start, I've got no problem sharing the source for what I've made, although its not really what you're / I'm after in the way of "what now."

-Nate
By TigPT
i agree, i'm thinking in buy SparkFun -IMU 5 Degrees of Freedom and SparkFun - Dual Axis Magnetic Sensor Eval Board - Honeywell HMC1 and i'm a bit afraid of don't be able to use them, or even broke them.

i think some tutorials wold help us out to start in this "sensors world".

i will be w8ting some news before decide if buy or not.