SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By tpicker1
Just wanted to make a suggestion in the area of shipping "in stock items." I think Spark Fun has a great staff and a product line that appeals to many, but I personally wanted to comment on the amount of time it takes to actually get "in stock" items.

I realize you have the disclaimer or shipping policy as follows:

We fill all in-stock orders within 2-3 business days. Once a shipment is released, you will receive an email with a tracking number. FedEx and USPS take time to update their tracking numbers so please allow 24 hours for a tracking number to work.

But, when someone needs something immediately and the item is in stock, generally, not always, at other companies, that item is shipped the same day. If I were to order it as a next day delivery (pay premium dollar) I would usually get it the next day. This isn't, or so it seems in my cases, not the policy or practice at Spark Fun. It usually takes at minimum a couple to few days to arrive and even the shipping info takes at least a day or so.

I would suggest, if at all possible, and it may not be, to look at a way of getting at the minimum the "Next Day" orders out the same day.

...Tim
By busonerd
We realize that everyone would like to get their order as soon as possible, and we'd like to ship it out as soon as possible, but recently our order load has greatly increased - more than what we can ship in one day. We have people here even on weekends boxing and shipping orders just to keep up. We do try to get to rush orders first, but sometimes thats not even possible.

So basically what I'm saying, is that its our customers' fault for ordering so much ;). [we do appreciate the business though]

In all seriousness - we're trying to increase our staffing so we can ship orders the same day as placed.

Cheers,
--David Carne