SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By Philba
in the last 24 hours 12 of the last 13 posts in the th PIC programmer section were utter spam. I love the sfe forum but it's getting away from you guys. Please do something to make it harder for them to register and post. I like helping people even if it benefits a for profit enterprise but wading through spam is discouraging.
By phalanx
I think we should turn on post moderating for all users lower than 3-5 posts. My only concern is I don't have enough time to constantly check the forum to let the legitimate ones through so some people may have to wait a bit until their post is approved. As of late, I've been traveling a lot and most of my free time is spent putting as many miles as possible on my motorcycles before the snow comes.

New user moderation + another (active) moderator or two should solve most of the problems.

Also, if I had the power to ban user accounts and IP addresses, a lot of the reoccurring spam would disappear.

-Bill
By jandirks
Quite some posters here have more than 100 posts. Would it be possible to allow those with more than 100 posts to delete messages that don't fit in these forums?

It would benefit all of us!