SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By languer
A while ago I was looking for an inexpensive GPIB to USB controller and found LQ Electronics' "UGPlus USB to GPIB Controller". I purchased it through Amazon and had it up and running within an hour. It is not the most fancy device, but it certainly deserves a look. I don't know if SFE has looked at it, but if they haven't I think it would be great if they took it for a spin. I talk a little more about my experience with it here. I decided to create this post about it to raise awareness that such a thing does exists at an affordable price.
By darrellg
According to the results of the recent customer survey (https://www.sparkfun.com/news/2679), 70% of Saprkfun sales are for hobbyist use. Most new test gear uses USB and/or Ethernet interfaces. I don't work for Sparkfun, but those two facts would be strong arguments against carrying anything GPIB related.
By languer
@darrellg ; You are probably right. Keep in mind though that SFE already carries a GPIB to USB controller. And also that most HAM and used equipment comes with GPIB interface. Two others facts. My main thing was to bring awareness; it took me a few days of searching to stumble into that controller.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]