SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

By phalanx
PJMonty wrote:Any idea when someone at Sparkfun is going to add a SPAM button to the forum and the private message system? This sticky is kind of a BS way to handle this issue. Also, any reason why there isn't a simple link to the administrators and moderators?
The word is in the coming months there will be a forum server upgrade which will include updated forum software. Until then you'll have to live with this sticky thread since I can't patrol the forums 24/7 and it saves me a huge amount of time when forum members post here with links to the offending content.

-Bill
By phalanx
P.S. I'm back from my business trip.

-Bill
By phalanx
It was a question about the best GPS manufacturer in Texas. Asked and answered by the same person.

-Bill
By mikhalchuk
You can slightly reduce the amount of spammers by installing BetterCaptcha MOD. It won't block them completely, but those relying on automatic registrations will be cut off.

I also can help to add "Report SPAM" button to the user interface? I have some experience with that. The code behind the button will be counting the number of clicks from different users and upon reaching some limit just block the reported user.