SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By mike65535
I tried manipulating my search criteria but the website's instructions are incorrect.

Using the plus sign, +, does NOT guarantee the word is found in the results. I end up with a big "OR" rather than an AND.

Also, the tool, "Search these results", (which should be fundamentally the same, logically) does no better.
By Erik
mike65535 wrote:I tried manipulating my search criteria but the website's instructions are incorrect.

Using the plus sign, +, does NOT guarantee the word is found in the results. I end up with a big "OR" rather than an AND.

Also, the tool, "Search these results", (which should be fundamentally the same, logically) does no better.
Hi,
we're very sorry about this. Our search is currently busted (to put it mildly) and it's just begun a fairly extensive re-write along with adding on a few new features from the search provider. There have been a few tiny improvements in the past few weeks to fix some of the most heinous breakage, but in terms of actual functionality, it hasn't been major enough for most people to notice yet.

I'm hesitant to give a projection in terms of when to expect our search system to be "fixed," considering the other things we're simultaneously working on (and because vacation season has started), but if I'd take a guess, it'd likely not be for another month. I guess the good news is that it's actually being worked on rather than in the "future projects" bin.