SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By Dave137
I guess I'm a "looser". I do not understand how to ask a question on the forum.

I have a problem and needed a little advice. But, after looking at the forum, it is clear the forum is not for normal people, only super educated users. I'm looking for a lower level forum.

It is clear that I am considered a looser by the requirements for participation. I'm 58 years old and the forum just insulted me. I am greatly offended. I spent 35 years working on the job as industrial electronics tech and I find I am a looser? I had to understand all aspects of the plant and every machine in it, 75,000 square feet packed tight, not just electronics. Can't troubleshoot huge machines unless you understand hydraulics, mechanical, even plumbing sometimes. When I needed a part that I could make in a machine shop, I made it. I was responsible for the electronics for a company employing 10,000 people, unsupervised, and empowered to direct maintenance and productions foremen and superintendents to do my bidding or get in trouble with the plant manager. I was responsible for your food safety and I took my job very seriously. I've even taught myself to read German schematics. I was just a simple tech in a special department. But, I am a looser...

I don't work anymore. I wanted to have a little fun with these cheap controllers. Clearly I should do business with a company with a little more respect for other peoplein their forums. When people starts burning in the "fact" that someone is not as good as someone else, it just shows this forum is extremely UN-professional. There are other forums from other companies I'd rather be buy parts from.

Calling someone a "looser" in text on the internet is a violation of our Constitution. Perhaps someone needs to take you to court to show you what it means to be American.

It was fun while it lasted. If I were you, I would totally scrap the forum and start over without calling people names or indicating someone is stupid if you want to stay in business. I have never seen such a group of over ego-ed, disrespectful group of people in my life or maybe just the person who wrote the requirements of asking questions. I think him and I will have a lot to talk about in the future.

d
By phalanx
I wasn't sure if this was spam or not so I decided to let it through because it's certainly entertaining.
Dave137 wrote:I guess I'm a "looser". I do not understand how to ask a question on the forum.
Adjectives as nouns.
I have a problem and needed a little advice. But, after looking at the forum, it is clear the forum is not for normal people, only super educated users. I'm looking for a lower level forum.
How much browsing did you actually do?
It is clear that I am considered a looser by the requirements for participation. I'm 58 years old and the forum just insulted me. I am greatly offended.
This was your first post on the forum. I'm not sure how you were insulted but I would love to know so I can put "tighter" controls in place. Also, please direct me to the requirements of participation. I've been here pretty much since the beginning and I'm unaware of posting requirements.
Calling someone a "looser" in text on the internet is a violation of our Constitution.
Yeah... About that... No it's not. Not even remotely close. Why would you even think that?
It was fun while it lasted.
When did it actually start? I literally just approved your first post.
If I were you, I would totally scrap the forum and start over without calling people names or indicating someone is stupid if you want to stay in business. I have never seen such a group of over ego-ed, disrespectful group of people in my life or maybe just the person who wrote the requirements of asking questions. I think him and I will have a lot to talk about in the future.
Are you by chance talking about the "How to ask questions the smart way" link? If you are, ask me how I know you didn't read it.

-Bill
By jremington
Not to call any names, of course, but Dave137 is probably just a troll.

I would, however, like to make clear that "looser" is used in comparisons, and means "less tight".
By Valen
And "loser" meant in that context was used in threads on this forum more than 3 years ago. This can't be serious.