SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By roach
Part of Sparkfun's Custom Enclosure service is the creation of escutcheons, including sexy membrane-type keypad masks for buttons. I'm trying to make one of these keypads, and was wondering what materials do you guys use for the plastic overlays? I checked out staples, looking for some .4mm-thick frosted self-adhesive plastic sheeting, but no luck. Where can I find this stuff?
By roach
No response? I'm not trying to steal anyone's trade secrets, or anything. I just need some adhesive transparent plastic sheeting, and have no idea where to get it...
By wiml
Check the local yellow pages for plastics suppliers? Near me there's a TAP Plastics which sells, well, plastics. If you live in/near a reasonably large city there ought to be someone willing to sell you small quantities at retail prices.
By roach
I don't even know what this stuff is called. I thought of using MapTack, that plastic sheeting used to waterproof trail maps and the like, or laminating plastic, the stuff used to laminate your video club membership card...
By roach
Well, after re-reading the Sparkfun product description page for this service, it looks like they use 15 mil Polypropeline plastic sheeting. But that doesn't get me any closer to actually buying some.

C'mon Sparky, spill the beans!