SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By phalanx
Mmmmm.... Half VGA touchscreen goodness with controller.

I'd be game for one of these. I'd take the 3.5" one too.

-Bill
By seulater
I'm gona get a couple of these babies get some code together for the ARM and send a demo to sparkFun to see if I can entice them to stock them ;)
By SOI_Sentinel
Geeze, these would go to waste on me. I'm still looking around for a VGA micro screen to build a beamsplitting HMD out of. I wouldn't need the touchscreen :)

Well, at least before I attempt to build a mini-screen based laser image projector
By TSPRAP
This would be perfect! I want to buy the 128x128 OLED (very nice!!) but I usually try to keep my orders under $40 (the 'mental barrier')....that would only allow me to buy $5 more of stuff.

This display has TOUCHSCREEN (Love That!)...and only $22?!!? The one thing I love of about the OLED that it is sooo easy to work with! (the 4pin SPI interface!) Not sure wether this display will be as easy to deal with.

OT: Sparky! If you hurry up with the OLED connector you might make me break my $40 spending limit.(aka Mental Barrier) :wink: :D
By SOI_Sentinel
$22 is the "oem bulk pricing" at 10K lots I bet. With smaller buys and "keep sparkfun running" margins, I wouldn't doubt these would be $50 each. Sorry.
By seulater
SOI_Sentinel,
you are wrong on both accounts.

>$22 is the "oem bulk pricing" at 10K lots I bet
Nope, its at 1k

> I wouldn't doubt these would be $50 each. Sorry.
Nope, Mouser sells them for $40 per unit. We all know Mouser has much greater markups too.
By SOI_Sentinel
Hmmm... the quantity sounds reasonable. Mouser looks to carry the touch screen at $55 and the non touch screen at $46. Any idea where a datasheet might be for these?
By seulater
I got all the data sheets sent to me, PM me with e-mail if you would like them.
By sparky
Hey All,

Owen was actually trying to get us to stock these a few days ago (before all the forum fun). But a couple things came up.

We certainly did not get $22 pricing. More like $33. And while we are growing, we can't bring on $33k of product at the moment :wink:

To top it off, mouser is already stocking these units. SFE sticks to hard to find items, or really expensive items (that we provide for cheaper). Mouser has a good price, why should we compete? This is really delving into the SFE way-of-thinking here so suggestions are welcome.

What we would really like to see is a hard to find LCD out of China or Taiwan. The price is always better, but documentation is a hurdle.

Keep your eyes and ears open. Anyone else see an LCD they can't live without?

-Nathan
By seulater
Awwwww poop...

But I understand your reasoning.

Ok, I focus my sights on some Tiwan LCD ;)
By seulater
How about this joint.

http://www.367net.com/mobile_phone_Lcd/ ... ne_Lcd.asp

Would be nice to make like a color lcd phone kit.
Color lcd, keyboard & battery. Just add your own micro and you could have a handheld widget. Stick one of those wireless modules you got in there and it could be a cool project phone case.