SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
I NEED AN ANSWER ARE YOU GOING TO ISSUE A CREDIT NOTE OR NOT? MY BANK AND VISA CONTACT PERSON ARE ALERTED THE CASE. BE SURE THAT I WILL FIGHT THIS WITH YOU BUNCH OF THIEVES AND IF I SPEND ANOTHER 5000 DOLLARS I WILL DO TO PUT YOU OUT OF BUSINESS SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU ARE THIEVES.

I NEED A YES OR NO

-----Original Message-----
Sent: den 26 april 2006 12:52
To: 'Eric Adams'
Subject: RE: SFE Ship Notification - Order (2936)

What is the solution? Do not say it is not your responsibility I have no proof that you shipped and you are the one charged my credit card. Lets make long story short. Are you going to issue a credit back to my credit card or not?

If not I take this as your final answer and I promise you it will put you and your firm in the black list.

Feri

Sent: den 25 april 2006 18:26
To: Feri
Subject: Re: SFE Ship Notification - Order (2936)

Feri,
I understand your frustration, but this is out of our hands. Once the post office picks up the package it is no longer our responsibility.
Also you purchased global priority shipping which has no insurance or tracking #, only a confirmation # which confirms that we shipped out your package. Another likely scenario is that there is an incorrect shipping address or that your package is being held by customs. It can be any number of things, but it's definitely not our fault. I don't know why you're threatening us for something that's out of our hands, but its not going to help your situation.
-Eric

Feri wrote:
> Dear sparkfun,
>
> This is my fourth email and I still didn't receive anything. Kindly
> return my money and keep your good reputation clean and shiny. If I
> get no positive answer, I regret that I will drive the case with my
> bank and file a case against you. You claim you shipped the product
> 22/03/2006 and today is
> 25/04/2006 !!!
>
> Many thanks for your understanding
> Feri Zekisson
By upand_at_them
Sounds to me like it's either your problem or the post office. Spark Fun shipped it and gave you a confirmation number. Your complaint should be with the courier.
By FERI
Trust me our swedish postal office did all and there was no trace of a shipment. I wrote tons of emails and more than 4 international calls for nothing. Eric says its not their responsibility and my bank with visa are on the case. They are rude and unseriouse bunch of kids..no ethics at all

Sent: den 26 april 2006 12:52
To: 'Eric Adams'
Subject: RE: SFE Ship Notification - Order (2936)

What is the solution? Do not say it is not your responsibility I have no proof that you shipped and you are the one charged my credit card. Lets make long story short. Are you going to issue a credit back to my credit card or not?

If not I take this as your final answer and I promise you it will put you and your firm in the black list.

Feri
By JonChandler
Speaking of rude....

"...AND WE WILL BE SO RUDE TO YOU AS WE ARE ALL GAYS...." might be considered rude and offensive by a great many readers of this forum. Of course, posting the same message in every category is pretty lame too.

I've always received great service and great products from Spark Fun. Keep up the good work guys.
By FERI
When you place your order almost two months ago and you recieve nothing but rudness what do expect yourself to do?

Read my emails and see the way I've asked for help and read how they responded. This compnay will go down if I pay my last cents on it. I will leave you the roll to candy for their asses..maybe your are one of them too!
By phalanx
This is why I wish I had moderator powers so I can delete nonsense like this.

You take a risk by not getting insurance on an international order (Your fault). Spark fun shipped the order as is evidenced by the confirmation number. The mail system fails to get it to you (Mail fault). And somehow you come to the conclusion that it is Sparkfun's fault.

Not only that, but you come in here and spam the hell out of the forum. No one wants to hear you ***** about your shortcomings or your lack of foresight in protecting yourself with an international order. I have been ordering from Sparkfun since its humble beginnings and have never had a problem.

I hope you know that filing a claim with Visa against a company when it is not their fault can be construed as mail fraud on your end!

I hope Nathan and the gang politely told you to go pound sand.

Enjoy the herring!

-Bill

P.S. No one was rude until you started threatening them. I'm also quite sure that even if you manage to stop everyone in Sweeden from buying from Sparkfun, it will barely effect their revenue.
By seulater
Dude, cool off. I know your pissed and feel like you were taken advantage of. It's really not Spark Funs Fault but yours for not choosing the proper shipping.

I have ordered many things from Spark Fun, and have received them all. Granted, the only comment I have to make is the shipping department needs some work in the proper ways to pack something, but other than that they are a good company to work with.
Once time I received some connectors and they were not packed to well, I made a mention of it, and they shipped me new connectors right away for free!

I looked at the e-mails you attached. It is VERY clear that its is not Spark Funs fault at all. I see no reason why they should refund your money.
you should have spend the extra few dollars and used a better shipping method that is traceable and insured. Sounds to me you went the cheapest route for shipping and got bit by it. now your just blaming the wrong people. chalk it up as a lesson learned and don't be so cheap the shipping method the next time around.
By sparky
Hi All,

Feri - you'll notice that your login has not been blocked. I'm hear to listen. But I have removed your 13 other posts in the incorrect forums. Here will do.

Please realize that we deal with 1000s of orders per month. Every order is documented, packaged, and handed to our trusty postman or FedEx handler. From there, it is out of our hands.

Many months ago, I asked the forum if we should get rid of all the international shipping options in place of only one, more expensive type of international shipping that is insured and trackable. We were receiving emails from customers just like yourself complaining of long transit times and lost packages. I didn't want to deal with it anymore, but because of overwhelming response from students and (I presume) hobbyists like yourself, we kept the cheap options open.

We have responded to your emails and phone calls. The response from Eric was extremely reasonable. Any further emails from us would fall on deaf ears. Now that you have decided to take your problem to the forum (I am totally fine with that) you will have many, many ears listening.

You ordered a $140 Lassen GPS logger. Thank you for your business! I really do appreciate it. However, you paid $12.50 for Global Priority shipping and handling to Sweden. While this might sound like a lot for S&H, FedEx quotes at over $40 for the same shipment. We like Global Priority a lot! It works very well, but I've seen shipments take 3 months to get to various parts of the world. I understand your frustration, but you must wait.

Because you did not pay for the more expensive shipping, we have no way to tell if the package has ever been delivered to your door, your post office, or misplaced by your roommate. So I have no way to tell when you do receive the package. But this is what I am willing to do: You ordered on the 22nd of March. It's now been 4 weeks and 5 days (roughly). If after 6 weeks you have not seen or heard anything, I am willing to refund the order. Odds are you will receive the package some day - and the logger will be yours, free of charge. Please let us know if you see any sign of your package. If not, please let us know in ~9 days and we'll issue a refund.

-Nathan
By RonnyM
<<If after 6 weeks you have not seen or heard anything, I am willing to refund the order. Odds are you will receive the package some day - and the logger will be yours, free of charge. Please let us know if you see any sign of your package. If not, please let us know in ~9 days and we'll issue a refund.>>

As a retail business owner, I understand both sides of the saga. We have had issues with feuding and bumbling post offices...In the same state, much less another country. Postal patrons are pretty much helpless taking on the governments, so they go after whoever they can. Your response to the childish griping is both responsible and above the call of duty. I would make some type of insurance a policy for overseas orders, even if it is a 5% addition, kept in house as a self insurance policy for the inevitable lost package and knucklehead customer (which we all can be at times).

Ron
By sparky
What an interesting idea. I've always wondered about insurance companies taking money month after month. I though it would be more reasonable to just put my money into a jar for the 'rainy day'. Of course all that sort of changed when I got an appendicitis a few weeks ago 8)

Good idea with the blanket insurance. I'll see if we can set something up. Even a small amount could help out and it would be fantastically easier to deal with than trying to file a claim with USPS (appendectomy was easier).

-Nathan
By bungalow_steve
sparky wrote: Good idea with the blanket insurance. I'll see if we can set something up. Even a small amount could help out and it would be fantastically easier to deal with than trying to file a claim with USPS (appendectomy was easier).

-Nathan
I own a small business and do this, it makes the customer happy because you can give an immediate refund, is cheaper, and you don't have to deal with the claims people (horrendous as you have found out).

Most mail order firms also self insure, both domestic and foreign packages, it is common practice, but it is also common practice not to advertise this policy as people can take advantage of you.

I will buy insurance if the customer specifically asks for it, or the shipment is highly valued (1000's of dollars) and I want to protect myself (insurance is protection for you, not the buyer). But I buy third party insurance (not post office) like http://www.dsiinsurance.com/.

One issue with self insurance is that you can't legally say the package is insured, in order to say that you either have to buy the insurance from a state licensed insurer (e.g., post office or third party) or become a licensed insurer yourself (you don't want to do that). Stating "satisfaction guarantee" or something similar is OK as long as the word insurance doesn't appear.