SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By lukepatrick
What happened to the SD MMC breakout board and socket?
By Kuroi Kenjin
Oh my... you're right. They have the mini SD breakout. I was thinking about getting one too.
By sparky
Sorry about that. Grant de-listed them because we are completely out of the socket - he should have just put the products out of stock.

The listings are back now - but we won't have stock until mid-may. I hate trying to beat stock shortages... Evil suppliers.

New socket will be Push-Push. Should be pretty snazzy.

-Nathan
By Caffeine
sparky wrote:Sorry about that. Grant de-listed them because we are completely out of the socket - he should have just put the products out of stock.

The listings are back now - but we won't have stock until mid-may. I hate trying to beat stock shortages... Evil suppliers.

New socket will be Push-Push. Should be pretty snazzy.

-Nathan

:shock: Eeek! I designed up a few boards using the old SD socket you had stocked, now I see the new one has a different pad layout :(

Any chance of letting us know where we can get the old sockets??
By sparky
Contact Cannon ITT directly. Last time we checked they had a MOQ of 1200pcs and a lead time of 12-14 weeks, and way over priced as well! Hence, we dropped them shortly there after.

I'm really sorry we caught you in a bind. Can I re-assure you that we have a better socket supplier now? We've got 1k in stock with another 1k on the way and no retirement sight. We will have them for many moons to come.

-Nathan
By Caffeine
sparky wrote:Contact Cannon ITT directly. Last time we checked they had a MOQ of 1200pcs and a lead time of 12-14 weeks, and way over priced as well! Hence, we dropped them shortly there after.

I'm really sorry we caught you in a bind. Can I re-assure you that we have a better socket supplier now? We've got 1k in stock with another 1k on the way and no retirement sight. We will have them for many moons to come.

-Nathan
It seems digikey stock some cannon ITT sockets, can I confirm the part number?
By sparky
CCM05-5761LFT

Nada

-Nathan