SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By hcker2000
I am sure as some of you may or may not know radio shack is removing all there electronics parts.

I request that you add perfboards and stripboards (mostly strip boards). It would be awsome to see a new shiping method for when people just need a board or two. If the boards as small enough just throw a few in an envelope and mail it out. I'm guessing shiping that way would be prity cheap.

PS. Don't let it go to your heads that you are replacing radio shack in my books :D

PPS. Supercaps :)
By SOI_Sentinel
Oops, wrong section :)

IANAE (I am not an employee)

Actually, they can't just toss a board or two into a standard envelope. The major issues are size and weight. First class will be exceeded by the weight of a board, and the solid thickness will not go IIRC. I also think it'll get clogged up in the first class feeder lines, too. I think I only paid $2 shipping and postage last time anyway I ordered a few small parts.

p.s. I thought comparing anyone to RadioShack was a deadly insult?

p.p.s. supercaps tend to be expensive unless bought in massive bulk or surplus, neither of which Sparkfun will normally deal with. Is there a specific size you're looking for or an application?
By hcker2000
It very well could be but spark fun could replace them for the better.

The super cap's I'm after are 5v up to 1 farad. I found a source for them and there 3 some thing each but they want 5 bucks for shiping. I need one for a power back up on my up coming timer project. I could use a battery but I figured if I could find a super cap then I would give them a go sence I'v never had the chance to use one.