SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By buttonics
I just got the Accelerometer, and attached it to my serial port(win XP prof). When I try to contact it with Hyperterminal, I just get some “!!â€
By leon_heller
[quote="buttonics"]I just got the Accelerometer, and attached it to my serial port(win XP prof). When I try to contact it with Hyperterminal, I just get some “!!â€
By buttonics
Thanks for the tip, but I am still getting zero's.

Any other suggestions?

By buttonics
I think the SerAccel was defect or wrong configured. I received a new one and it worked right away.

Has anyone tried controlling the SerAccel from C#(.net v2.0)?
By Kuroi Kenjin
I don't know anything about the accelerometer, but the SerialPort class in .net 2.0 is an absolute dream. I have been working with a non-booting "bootloader" for a while until I finally found a job and got a good tax refund. The Serial port class has full read and write capabilities. The Read and Write functions are buffer based. There are also ReadByte and ReadLine, but I didn't come across a WriteLine or WriteByte. There is also a way to get the read or write buffer size and amount of data in each. Finally, for total async, there is a ReceivedData event. The object just drags onto the form, and you can set all the default parameters from there... although you'll probably have hooks to change them in the application. I have the code posted for this on my website (see below), in the Run-Time Flash Utility (RTFU). It probably still has a few bugs in it, and may be a little messy. Any questions, just ask. (The flash utility is synchronous style communication due to the delicate nature of re-writing flash memory.)