SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By hcker2000
It would be nice if you guys would get in some super caps so I dont have to pay for other places extream shiping prices. Various sizes would also rock (1 farads would be best for me at 5v).
By sparky
We contacted a few suppliers awhile back with no response. Got a good site to start from?

-Nathan
By roach
Cooper/Bussmann makes some nice Aerogels in various capacitance and voltage ratings. The 1F, 5V one is Digikey part # 283-2514-ND.

They're pretty pricey, though. That one's 9 bucks.
By hcker2000
Yep buy 100+ from here

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/i ... #34;_.html

Mark them up to $4 each and charge your normal shiping rates and I will be happy.

Lets see some other idea's to make a bit more cash would be to start making an ethernet loop back plug (think geeks sells one but you can do better, maby and led or two), usb to cat5 adaptors, eathernet cross over adaptor (female on one end of the board and male on the other end).
By sparky
Howdy,

We've got 10F 2.5V caps coming in 3-4 weeks. Dunno what the retail will be, but it should be ~$6.

-Nathan
By hcker2000
Well thats a start. Will rtc's run off the 2.5v SCap's?
By Kuroi Kenjin
Well if ya' need 5V... just put them in series, but it'll shrink the caps to about 5F... that's stilll a lot of juice. *drool*
By hcker2000
Yea I was curious about that too as I'v not worked much with capacitors other than blowing big cheap ones up for fun.
By KFC
You should sell watch size super cap 5.5 that would be so cool.