SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By seulater
Nathan, now that your empire has grown quite large, and your very much hidden by your staff to the outside world. I created a project that i know would be very useful for other SFG's (Spark Fun Guru's) out there. Yet, in this whole transaction of e-mails back and forth with SFE and myself it turned into quite the mess. A simple 10 minute phone call would have spared much misunderstanding and kept me from devoting much of my time to making something they told me to only in the end for them to say.... i wont go into that here.

Lets just say i would like to talk to you, i really want to see if that is how SFE is ran, or you have just given to much rope to your guys to be to free in the decisions they make.

PM ME
By Pete-O
Hi there,

If you're going to lay blame, you can take it up with me as it was almost certainly my call to make as the director of engineering, not Nate's. I'll PM you my direct line and we can talk. I do think I know to what this pertains, and if so I do actually feel *very* badly about how it went down and I accept the blame and offer my sincerest apologies. There were way too many people involved in the conversation, and I won't be letting that happen again.

Pete
By seulater
Pete, I would not say i blame anyone, I will say it was one of the most craziest experiences i had with trying to selling something. It made me wonder how does anyone get anything up there for sale.

Like you said "There were way too many people involved in the conversation, and I won't be letting that happen again."
By seulater
I just wanted to update this post to anyone who may read this.
Pete and I talked via phone and he was very polite in telling me why it went so crazy.
He gave me a good understanding of what went on behind the scene and so now i know that it was all just a fluke thing and was NOT normal practices of SFE. Nothing goes 100% smoothly all the time and there are times when things do go south for whatever reason.

So, in a nut shell i do look forward to the next time i try to sell something on SFE.

- Thanks Pete for your time today.