SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By Richard Crowley
What happened to the website? It no longer renders properly in IE8 (the right-hand section is missing), and Google Chrome is having problems as well (the pop-up enlarged photos don't display). At least Apple Safari and Mozilla Firefox appear to work (although now I don't know who/what to trust??)
By matthev
I'm having the same issue too. I reported it to website at sparkfun dot com, got a reply that they're looking into it. After that I no longer get an error on the first page, but still do on product pages (or older front pages).

I had my purchasing person try to place an order for work - she had the same issue. No confirmation email from Sparkfun. Now we have no idea if the order went through. Emailed the website address again this morning asking for an order status - 6 1/2 hours ago - haven't yet heard back. Emailed customer service this afternoon - it's only been 1 1/2 hours since that - haven't yet heard back.

The order was for about $450 - so I don't want to reorder with Sparkfun or someone else if the first order went through.

It's pretty frustrating, and we don't have the option to use other internet browsers at work. And I can't use IRC to talk to the folks there directly.

-Matt
By matthev
Got a reply from sparkfun yesterday afternoon (just after I left work). I guess they were having problems with their confirmation emails along with the IE problem. They were kind enough to look up my order and confirm that it went through.

Thanks! (and PLEASE let us know when the IE problem is fixed).

-Matt
By ben___
Hey everyone,

I just pushed a fix for the IE 'Operation aborted' bug, that was a weird one!

It turns out IE completely breaks if you allow javascript to modify an element from within the 'body' tag.

Please let us know if you run into this anywhere else, we've been testing this without any issues all morning. But, these things have a way of slipping through the cracks =]

Thanks for your patience!

Ben
By benb2000
I am still having probl;ems with the website.
I cannot download the pdf catalog, and I cannot get into any product,
Main page loads OK, Forum tabs and Tutorial tabs are OK, but cannot access the products

my browser:
IE Version 7.0.5730.13
Cipher Strength: 128 bit
Product ID: 92318-600-2888925-22379

Which one's work?

Anything I can do?

Ben
By benb2000
Tried again with
IE version 6.0.2800.1106
Product ID: 55736-428-1520544-04029
Update Version: SP1; Q823353

Same issue, cannot open a product

Ben
By benb2000
Tried again on a third computer

IE Version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp-qfe.090804-1435
Cipher Strength: 128 Bit
Product ID: 76487-OEM-0011903-00102
Update Version : ; SP2

Same issue, cannot get into Product info.

Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/produc ... ts_id=8603. Operation aborted

This closes the browser window

This is very frustrating

Ben
By matthev
I'm using IE 7.0.6001.18000 and as far as i can tell, it's now working fine with the sparkfun website. I haven't browsed all products, but just a few I've purchased.

HOWEVER, I can't get to the catalog either. I get a "Webpage cannot be found." error. It seems to me like the catalog pdf file isn't where it's supposed to be (link isn't right). But I can't browse to the pdf folder http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/download/PDF/ - because IT has access to the folder turned off.

Oh well.
By ben___
Hey everyone,

I just pushed a fix for the latest IE bug (grrrrr IE), you shouldn't have any issues with "operation aborted" on the product pages now. I'm working on a fix for the catalog right now.

Thanks for your patience and the bug reports!

Ben
By FartingMonkey92
Catalog's working also, without product images...
Can't remember whether thats meant to be or not.