SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By sparky
Sorry - all customers have to re-register. The DB table format is completely new.

-Nathan
By lou
sparky wrote: We are still experiencing so odd things with the cart cookies and SSL keys. Please let me know if you run into any problems akin to:
1) I've got 5 things in my cart
2) I log in
3) My cart is empty
I can do better than that.

1) I've got a thing in my cart
2) I do more shopping and put another thing in my cart.
3) My cart now only contains the last thing.

All of this is without logging in.

I allow cookies to be set by www.sparkfun.com. Actually, I was allowing them from everywhere (since fixed) when I discovered the problem. The old site does not give me this problem.
By JamesC
Is the PDF version of the catalog still available?
By JamesC
Another comment....

The new site seems to load very slowly for me. There's a 1-4 second delay between clicking on a link and when it starts to download the page. The old site doesnt exhibit this behavior, neither do the forums. Tried firefox/opera and (for comparison) IE. I've got a pretty fat pipe on this end, not sure what else I can tell you, except that the pause is slow enough to be rather annoying. Makes it that much harder not to miss the old site. :(
By Nutter
Looks like the RSS feed has just been fixed? It suddenly started working in my aggregator, so unless it's some voodoo.. woohoo!
By mericas
lou wrote: I can do better than that.

1) I've got a thing in my cart
2) I do more shopping and put another thing in my cart.
3) My cart now only contains the last thing.
I had this problem too. It was really strange in that after a few attempts my inbasket would gain and lose things that had been in it previously. I cleared my browser cache and was able to start fresh without any problems. So I think it has something to do with caching
By lou
mericas wrote: I cleared my browser cache and was able to start fresh without any problems. So I think it has something to do with caching
It may be, but I cleared my cache and tried again. I got the same result. :(
By sparky
The RSS feed has been updated, small typos (email and RSS Fees) have been fixed. I added Canadian and Australian dollars to the currency converter.

Thanks for the feedback on the loading speed. I agree the new site loads slower than the old site - but it's just fast enough it would be nearly impossible to argue my case with the developers.

The caching still has me worried. What browser are you using Lou?

-Nathan
By Nutter
My RSS aggregator has pulled a news item from the SFE RSS feed about the hot air rework stations being back in stock, but strangely enough this news item isn't showing up on the main page. Is this on purpose? :?
By signul
The ADXL E8 Series Accelerometer Breakout Board lists for $34.95, but when you actually add it to the cart the price shows up as $69.90 (double)
By amedico
All the navigation is missing when I visit the homepage. All I see is the "recent news" section.
By sparky
Amedico - we were playing with the order tracking link when the navigation bars went down for a few minutes. Let me know if you still have problems.

You're right about the accelerometers! They are really $34.95 each.

The RSS feed is almost working. The news on the home page will go from On the front Page, to new (but off the front page), to archived.

The SSL connection seems to be working well. The osCids are now gone (good thing)!

It turns out SFE is doing around 45gig per month in transfers (you guys download, a lot). We will be moving servers here in a few days, but Precisionweb is pretty good so you shouldn't see a service disruption.

-Nathan