SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By alexeilb
Hello everyone, I searched the forum for threads regarding ARA-ME-01, so far I found one which talks about communicating with the device for programing. I had a hard time understanding what everyone was talking about, since many of the words were abbreviated, or I just have no clue to this. I am currently designing a product which will have a biometric security system. I am not a programmer, so bare with me.
From my understanding in order to assign a fingerprint to ARA-ME-01, it has to be connected to a PC for programming. From what I read there are ways to connect it via USB. I gotten that far, from there I had no idea what anyone was talking about. How do you program it? Eventually I will have to write a software for just an average Joe to use with a friendly GUI, since I don't even know how to program this thing. Can someone please help me understand how this product works, so that I can hire someone to write a software for ease of use. Thank you.
By dbrownjr
hello,

You can directly connect that scanner using a ttl to rs232 connector and use the computer's Hyper-Terminal.

I'm trying to use it with a Dragon 12 board which has a rs485 connection. Let know about any code you find.