SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By A9999
hey

I bought a couple of IR emitters and receivers SEN-00241 and got them all in one bag.
How can I identify the emitter ?

On the item page it says: "IR Detector (Tinted pink)" but both appear to be clear !.
Only slight difference, one type is marked with very small red strip and the other with yellow strip

So which one is LTE-302 (emitter) and which one is LTR-301 ?

I don't have any diagnostic tools so please help me identify it by the small color marking that is on it,
tnx
By A9999
Tnx Ralph

from this I understand the RX (LTR-301 ) is the one with the Pink/Red small strip marking
Am I correct ?
because this is not "tinted Pink" as Sparkfun list.
the part is clear with only small color marking on top surface.

if this is true, they should be more specific like "Pink marking on top" or "marked Pink" etc.
as for the Pink, well you can argue if it is Pink or Red ;-)

Tnx
A.
By riden
A9999 wrote:Tnx Ralph

from this I understand the RX (LTR-301 ) is the one with the Pink/Red small strip marking
Am I correct ?
because this is not "tinted Pink" as Sparkfun list.
the part is clear with only small color marking on top surface.

if this is true, they should be more specific like "Pink marking on top" or "marked Pink" etc.
as for the Pink, well you can argue if it is Pink or Red ;-)

Tnx
A.
Yes, I would conclude that the device with the pink/red band is the receiver. You can wire up the receiver circuit like the diagram in the photo, connect a multi-meter at point "12", point an IR remote at it, and observe the changes in voltage. That should provide the confirmation for you.