SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By phalanx
Thursday February 25th at about 5:00pm MST, the forum will be taken down for about an hour while the existing forum database is migrated to the new server and forum software.

If you are in the middle of writing a post when the forum is taken off line, it will be lost. All usernames and login information will be preserved.

Hopefully this much needed update will make everything operate a little more smoothly in the future!

-Bill
By TheDirty
Not that I don't appreciate what SFE does for this forum, but Geez, finally. This phpBB is ancient.
By esm
Best of luck, upgrades are always entertaining. :)
By FartingMonkey92
Yay. :wink:

This a wave goodbye to our spammers?... We shall see.
By gussy
Hopefully we get ReCaptha for registrations as well. That might at least keep some of the automated spam out.
By leon_heller
The new forum seems fine, apart from one problem - it doesn't keep me logged in although I've ticked the box. Each time I access it I have to log in.
By rmteo1
leon_heller wrote:The new forum seems fine, apart from one problem - it doesn't keep me logged in although I've ticked the box. Each time I access it I have to log in.
Same problem here.
By ben___
Hey Everyone,

I think I've taken care of the session issue, please let us know if you experience any other strange behavior.

Big thanks to phalanx for his input and testing!
By FartingMonkey92
Session cookies are now working for me. Thanks!

Personally, i preferred the SparkFun logo to navigate to the store, as we have the breadcrumbs to get back to the board index...
By ben___
FartingMonkey92 wrote: Personally, i preferred the SparkFun logo to navigate to the store, as we have the breadcrumbs to get back to the board index...
This is the phpbb3 default, if the consensus is to have the link to point at http://sparkfun.com I can do that :mrgreen: