SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By thebra
So the blog posting is gone and there are no products being displayed on sparkfun. What the mess?

Edit:

Well now I get the we are down message. Lame!
By Asmo
It's up again, it seems.
By Frencil
Sorry about that, everybody. We're still getting a lot more traffic than we're used to and our server cluster is still stressed, even this far out from Free Day.

We have more hardware on order, after looking at our weakest points and determining the best course of action. I'm sure there will be a homepage post in the near future describing the next round of changes we're making. In the meantime we're doing what we can with the hardware we have to keep things running as smoothly as possible.
By tetsujin
Maybe the servers' smoke reserves weren't adequately replenished?
By gussy
Wow. I'm sure adding more servers is going to help... not.

You guys should really get a networking guy in who knows what he's doing. There's no way your site should be running this badly with those 5 dells you have, even if your only using 2 or 3 of them for external services.

Did you know that small amount of bandwidth you got during "free-day" (~32Mbit if your graphs are correct) slowed the whole DC down? Their website was running as slow as yours. That right there shows a huge problem in the upstream provider. Add as many new servers as you want but you have some networking and bandwidth issues right there.

First order of business should be to get out of that 2 bit datacenter you are in and go rent a rack with one of the big boys close to Mae-west, your an international company now so you are expected to host like one.