SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By mikeyancey
DeadlyFoez wrote:
KofS wrote:anyone seen the total recently?
No ones seeing anything. :D
Heh:

Followed by: Timeout...
By Regex
I have a feeling I should have gotten in by now, but the checkout page just shows up as a blank PHP page that my computer tries to download...

That's what I get for relying on Windows.
By phalanx
SpinDrah wrote:screw it.

This has not been a great "Give bake to the customers" the only thing long time customers get here is a knife in the back.

this has been a GREAT publicity "Stunt" so don't try and pass it off as "giving back"

I know its only business, But i thought more of you guys.

oh well, Congrats on your successful Publicity, I will just have to save up for my stuff, Just like I have done from the time you where a Small Company.
I have it on good word that they did this just to piss you off.

-Bill
By hutch109
$7,974.92 given away so far! at 11:44 EST
By tylermenezes
rsmurphy2 wrote:$6510.

After 40 minutes of trying I finally get the main page... YAYA
Same here. I got the login page a few times, but whenever I'd try to login I'd timeout. Looks unlikely I'll get anything at this point. :(

I have to wonder why they decided to redirect everyone to SSL, which takes a huge amount more processing.
Last edited by tylermenezes on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By tristan
SpinDrah wrote:screw it.

This has not been a great "Give bake to the customers" the only thing long time customers get here is a knife in the back.

this has been a GREAT publicity "Stunt" so don't try and pass it off as "giving back"

I know its only business, But i thought more of you guys.

oh well, Congrats on your successful Publicity, I will just have to save up for my stuff, Just like I have done from the time you where a Small Company.
Im sorry, would it make you happier if i just gave you $100 via paypal? Its this attitude that got the USA in its financial situation. Just have to save up for stuff... sucks...
By rsmurphy2
Ok back to work, rocket combustion chambers to machine. Free stuff can wait for a couple hours, I hope.
By kibble
$8,864.97
By mikeyancey
tylermenezes wrote:
rsmurphy2 wrote:$6510.

After 40 minutes of trying I finally get the main page... YAYA
Same here. I got the login page a few times, but whenever I'd try to login I'd timeout. Looks unlikely I'll get anything at this point. :(
Eh, at around $10K per hour, it might get better later as some folks stop hitting 'retry' (either from giving up or having an order complete...)
By SpinDrah
phalanx wrote:
I have it on good word that they did this just to piss you off.

-Bill
They didn't do it to piss anyone off, They did it as a publicity stunt and it work like a charm. :roll:
By KofS
tristan wrote:
Im sorry, would it make you happier if i just gave you $100 via paypal? Its this attitude that got the USA in its financial situation. Just have to save up for stuff... sucks...
this isnt the place for this conversation but i think youd be hard pressed to find an economist who thinks the US consumer saves too much money
By TheHatter
I don't know if its been mention before, but at this rate they will hit 11pm before they get through the 100,000
By Drakkn
Stop acting like a sourpuss because they are giving away free stuff but you aren't lucky enough to get through.
By KofS
TheHatter wrote:I don't know if its been mention before, but at this rate they will hit 11pm before they get through the 100,000
yeah so everyone should give up

right now

come on

ill be right behind you i promise
By CTID17
TheHatter wrote:I don't know if its been mention before, but at this rate they will hit 11pm before they get through the 100,000
My mouse will break long before that.