SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By hardija
Well...that was frustrating. Now I hope they go through their order records (pre-free day) and REALLY give back to the people who've made them successful!
By KofS
hey.morris wrote:I like how pissed off some of you are. That's hilarious.

"I'll never shop here again!"

jesus christ.
disappointed customers angry at the retailer???? ha ha what loser morons, all the cool guys know fanboyism is where its at

(btw im not disappointed or angry or going to shop somewhere else)
By buchacho
Please start a business to compete with SparkFun!! They are taking advantage of good natured DIY'ers with their high profit margins and poor customer service, there is plenty of room for competition.
By reubanks
Duh, of course I was logged in. I had the items in the cart and at checkout it was empty
By chemsuprfrk
Stop whining and acting like you are entitled to anything...This was FREE deal...i.e. no cost to you, other than your time. ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY is what is dragging this country down. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
By KofS
buchacho wrote:Please start a business to compete with SparkFun!! They are taking advantage of good natured DIY'ers with their high profit margins and poor customer service, there is plenty of room for competition.
dunno about their service but their markups are often pretty large....
By kibble
Hey, I don't care that I didn't get my order in. This was pretty exciting to watch/participate in. They'll definitely get my business later on!
By SodaAnt
buchacho wrote:Please start a business to compete with SparkFun!! They are taking advantage of good natured DIY'ers with their high profit margins and poor customer service, there is plenty of room for competition.
Maybe I'll compile a cross-reference list of all non-exclusive Sparkfun products to DigiKey and Mouser part numbers and post it...
By whelzorn
I like how pissed off some of you are. That's hilarious.

"I'll never shop here again!"

jesus christ.
Ummm. I think it's more that people saw this a month ago, got excited, put it on their calendars etc., then the day comes, people went into work late and sacrificed time they could have spent otherwise to arrive at a hugely disappointing conclusion.
That's why people are aggravated and disappointed
By KofS
chemsuprfrk wrote:Stop whining and acting like you are entitled to anything...This was FREE deal...i.e. no cost to you, other than your time. ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY is what is dragging this country down. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
disappointed frustrated customers angry at the retailer. oh no what welfare queens. i am not mentally deranged what are you talking about
By reubanks
I love Sparkfun!
By thebra
kibble wrote:Hey, I don't care that I didn't get my order in. This was pretty exciting to watch/participate in. They'll definitely get my business later on!
You must have a low expectation of "exciting".
By chas
I'm still hammering the servers... :twisted:
By hey.morris
disappointed customers angry at the retailer???? ha ha what loser morons, all the cool guys know fanboyism is where its at

(btw im not disappointed or angry or going to shop somewhere else)
Get over it. Angry about what? I sat here for the same 2 hours trying to get in and I'm not butthurt about anything.
By rbz
Game over.

$100K Reached.

I was after a logic analyzer - was stuck on the 'Verify my order for freeday!"

Last step :< - easy come, easy go i suppose.

rather annoyed i got so far had the analyzer in my cart for about 2 weeks.