SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By Drakkn
I would've been happy if it was "Spend $50, get $100 free after that."

Would've weeded out a lot of the resellers.
By CTID17
I managed to get to the last step at around 9:05. I pressed the button, waited 5 mins, and ....

... It crashed :( . There was only 79 dollars given a way. Ohh well, time to wait a few hours(days) before i can place my order.
Last edited by CTID17 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
By botman
abb51 wrote:
bmarvo wrote:in all fairness... they didn't quite know what to expect. its
be patient
It's 3:15 AM... I wanna get back to sleep...

Ahh oh well, I tried. Congrats to all who make it, hope you use your freebies wisely :)
laugh! someone else in Aus perhaps... got up specially for this....
By Laminar
$2852.

Of course, my office is closed today and I had the "free day" reminder and accounted logged in on my work computer. Ten minutes before it started I realized it so I'm not even logged in here at home. I can get to the log in screen but it times out past that.
By Chaosmann
I've clicked on the button for payment but instead of the redirect to paypal I get only a blankscreen :-(
By sk_uk
Its $3052.09 now.
By RobotJay
This is exactly like "call in NOW" contests on the radio, except it's on the web. On the phone, you get a busy signal. On the web, you get a "site unavailable" error. I seriously can't wait to see the analytics for this when its all over...
By CTID17
So how many of the "lucky ones" will be coming back to this site later on?
By mikeyancey
Laminar wrote:$2852.
Of course, my office is closed today and I had the "free day" reminder and accounted logged in on my work computer. Ten minutes before it started I realized it so I'm not even logged in here at home. I can get to the log in screen but it times out past that.
Had a cart all setup, ready to go; also at office.
Started at 10:00AM CST...
Well, I'm just past the 'Choose Shipping' stage now.

Mike Y
Dallas, Texas
By KofS
CTID17 wrote:So how many of the "lucky ones" will be coming back to this site later on?
would be easy enough for sparkfun to track that w/ payment details. and they should, whats the point of a sale if you dont determine how successful it was in the end?

oh and p.s. you might want to get an IT consultant to help next time!!
By Drakkn
8 more minutes until I lose the bet.
By kibble
I knew I should have set up my cart last night when it was still working....

Oh well, if I ever manage to get through, I'm going to be doing the celebratory booty dance.
By znmiller
$3,152.09
By Applekid
Drakkn wrote:I would've been happy if it was "Spend $50, get $100 free after that."

Would've weeded out a lot of the resellers.
I can't get in at all, so I have to hope that the people who can manage to get on aren't all resellers.

Considering it's all coming down to luck anyway, it would have been the same thing if they just randomly picked 1000 prior customers and gave them $100 credit.

Random drawing luck sounds a lot more fair than those with lucky connections being able to get in on it. *sour grapes*
By mitchmcse
Just not right. Worked 12 hours last night and should have been done with ordering and sleeping now. The few times I did get to the site I get kicked out on logon.
Last edited by mitchmcse on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.