SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By CTID17
dun wrote:$19,079.09 given away so far!
its speeding up...
By chemsuprfrk
$19,876 @ 11:13 CST
By kibble
master_of_robots wrote:In support of SparkFun...I'm going to continue to drink beer until my order goes through.

Who's with me?! 8)
I don't have beer, but I have vodka..... but then I might miss my chance.... :lol:
By KofS
By master_of_robots
kibble wrote:
master_of_robots wrote:In support of SparkFun...I'm going to continue to drink beer until my order goes through.

Who's with me?! 8)
I don't have beer, but I have vodka..... but then I might miss my chance.... :lol:
It's easy...CTRL+F5 with one hand, booz in the other.
By SodaAnt
What a fiasco! I've been trying to checkout for over an hour now getting nothing but timeouts. This is going to do nothing but engender ill will towards Sparkfun and loose them a bunch of customers (including me), who have better things to do with their time.
By KofS
SodaAnt wrote:What a fiasco! I've been trying to checkout for over an out now getting nothing but timeouts. This is going to do nothing but engender ill will towards Sparkfun and loose them a bunch of customers (including me), who have better things to do with their time.
dunno about that, would have to see some evidence one way or the other so i do hope they track sales from free day visitors for a couple months or so
By HawkEye_Pierce
F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5
By edembowski
No sense in complaining about free. It's a promotion, and they're getting a response like they've never seen before. You can either be patient and try to get in, or give up. I don't see that there are any legitimate things to complain about.

- Ed
By CTID17
SodaAnt wrote:What a fiasco! I've been trying to checkout for over an hour now getting nothing but timeouts. This is going to do nothing but engender ill will towards Sparkfun and loose them a bunch of customers (including me), who have better things to do with their time.
if you did have better things to do, you wouldn't be on here trying. I got nothing to do, so i will be here refreshing until i got to go to class.
By skimo
can someone share what URL we need to be on? I am currently stuck refreshing this:
https://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/check ... ?refresh=1

this is the link I got after clicking checkout...1hr:10 minutes on this link refreshing it..just want to make sure this is the correct link!

thanks
By chemsuprfrk
Maybe we should go back to playing Farmville...what-a-say??
By helicopterjunky
27120.66 so far
By lostangel556
SodaAnt wrote:What a fiasco! I've been trying to checkout for over an hour now getting nothing but timeouts. This is going to do nothing but engender ill will towards Sparkfun and loose them a bunch of customers (including me), who have better things to do with their time.
If all it takes is not recieving an free gift to remove you from the customer list do you consider yourself an valued customer of sparkfun?

In business terms they didnt have to do this free day and did it as an marketing/technical exercise so the true value is from those that come back anyway even after the free gift period has ended
By dslemons
What would be the fun in it if it was just worked? It's much better if there is risk. Thats at least what I told myself for the past hour. Orders are going though, and if you're at the checkout state, you're WAY ahead of the rest of the game I suspect.