SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General suggestions or questions about the SparkFun Electronics website
By BigRedBee
I recently ordered (3) 1000 mAh batteries (great batteries at a great price, BTW)!). They arrived safe and sound in a padded mailer. The interesting thing was that the 3 batteries where just rattling around inside the package, along with a pair of pliers that I ordered.

I was really surprised that the battery's contact's weren't shielded in any way. Usually great care is taken when shipping to make sure the batteries can't short to one another, or to something else in the package. (Have you ever seen what happen's when a big LiPo pack shorts? It's not pretty.).

Was this an anomoly? or is this standard shipping practice from Spark Fun? If I was the Post Office, I'd be worried.....
By kb0thn
I also just received a 1000 mAh li-poly battery and it came without anything protecting it.

:shock:

-James Jefferson Jarvis
KB0THN
By sparky
VERY Good to know.

I'll print this post off. Please let me know if anything was damaged. It's hard to explain to a non-electronics person that a board needs static protection while a hand full of plastic connectors does not. They must have thought the batteries were just fine... Time to beat the package handlers. (not really)

-Nathan