SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions &/or issues related to products in the Imaging category should be posted in this forum.
By Iko
I have purchased a MLX90640 Qwiic IR Array. I started it with ESP32. After one day successful operation it stopped working. Also purchased a Teensy 3.5 board. Unfortunetally no signal from the array from both boards. I'm using SparkFun libraries and it hanged in MLX90640_API.cpp when executing <<MLX90640_GetFrameData(MLX90640_address, mlx90640Frame)>>.
If it was not working I should think it is a software problem, connected with I2C interface. Please, suggest me what to do - a software or hardware problem ?
By Iko
Thanks a lot for the answer.
It was working fine one day. After the Serial monitor it simply hangs. No information. I have reduced error checking and forced data print to Serial. The array data are zero or large number.
By TS-Mark
Interesting. If you run an I2C Scan does the MLX90640 show up on the bus? Also, can you please take a few photos of your board(s) and the circuit you have them in and attach them to your reply? Especially any soldering you may have done.
By Iko
I have run I2C scanner and it shows the correct address - 0x33. But sometimes the address can not be found. After resetting the MCU it starts. I'm attaching two pictures of the boards used, ESP32 and Teensy 3.5, also a .txt file with the data obtained first day with ESP32.
Regards
I.H.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By TS-Mark
Hi again Iko,

Thanks for that information and taking those photos. If the issue is intermittent, that usually points to a connection problem. Try double-checking you have good connections to the MLX90640 and then re-test. I would recommend testing with the Teensy since that is what the code was originally written to work with.