OK, it looks like you're still trying to compile code on a Pi.
Here's what I'd recommend:
- If you have a PC, use that. This is much easier to do on a Windows PC than on a Mac.
- If you don't have a PC, go back to your Mac and delete Arduino.
- Download and re-install Arduino.
- Install the drivers for FTDI on your Mac. (Directions can be found here on how to do install drivers on a Mac.)
- Now, try uploading the blink example to the Pro Mini. Make sure you have the correct serial port selected and the correct board/voltage selected.
If you get this far, everything else in the tutorial will work just fine.