SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Anything with a QWIIC system, post here.
Do you have a repo where I can see the bulk of your code? I'm confused by:
That seems to keep the interrupts from firing off repeatedly, but It doesn't give you correct updated counts (misses many counts).
.getCount() is cumulative. You shouldn't be missing anything regardless of when you read it. You could poll the twist once a second and it shouldn't miss anything; the ATtiny will just sit there and happily track the encoder.

Button presses are different. If the user presses the button once, and you polled 1s later, you'd see it. If the user presses the button twice and you polled 1s later, you'd see only the indication of the one press.
Maybe separate clearing encoder interrupts and button Interrupts. Maybe do a twist.ClrEncInterrupts() and twist.ClrButtonInterrupts() by themselves?
Yep. I can do that. I'm also planning on implementing a proper state machine so there's less toggling of the INT pin.

Glad to hear you got it (mostly) working! Let me know if anything else pops up.
Sometimes I have a different way of explaining things that confuses people. What I mean when I say "misses counts" is that a single click of the encoder is not updating the counter. It never skips a number such a 1,2,4,5,6,8. It misses detecting a single click at times. I usually turn the encoder about 1 click every second while watching the count increase from 0 - 127 and then back to 0. At times it would miss and the count would not increase. It wouldn't be a big deal for me if I'm using it myself, but If I wanted to use these in a consumer product I would be much more picky. I've been programming PIC microcontrollers for about 20 years now. I am just getting acquainted with Adruino and also ARM processors.

Yes, It is functioning good right now. I have to add more code to my project to complete it. I'm am pretty satisfied with it. I'll be interested in any upcoming updates. Thanks for you help.