SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By geometrixeng
Hey Everybody,

I recently purchased the Sparkfun Motor Driver Dual TB6612FNG (ROB-14451) and Current Sensor Breakout ACS723 (SEN-13679).

Do I need to connect the motor leads (AO1 and AO2) directly to the 2 large holes on the Current Sensor Breakout??? Why are these holes so large?

Do these large holes have anything to do with the current sensing capability/sensitivity?

Or can I solder wires from these large thru-holes directly to the PCB and then connect the motor to these large thru-holes thru traces on the PCB?

TIA,
--Neal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By DanV
geometrixeng wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:34 pm Do I need to connect the motor leads (AO1 and AO2) directly to the 2 large holes on the Current Sensor Breakout??? Why are these holes so large?
look closely - there are also small holes that are companions to the big holes
Do these large holes have anything to do with the current sensing capability/sensitivity?
No
Or can I solder wires from these large thru-holes directly to the PCB and then connect the motor to these large thru-holes thru traces on the PCB?
not sure what you're asking
I suspect that the large holes may fit banana jacks, or you may want to dress your wires through the large holes, then solder to the small ones.