SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By swhobbs
Hello all,

I'm just getting started with microprocessors and I am interested in looking at the documentation for interfacing the Sparkfun's CMOS camera with an AVR micro and I was led to this forum here. Unfortunately I can't seem to be able to find the original forum documentation on this subject.

I want to use an Atmega micro (or similar) to get this CMOS module to take a picture and transfer it to a 70cm transciever for transmission to a remote station. I would be after:

A parts breakdown list;

Circuit diagrams;

and a step by step method of how the interface was originally done if possible that even I could understand;-).

Thanks in advance!
By Krogoth
If you're just starting with microcontrollers, this would be way, way out of your depth. For one thing, 8 bit microcontrollers like the Atmel AVR series would not be fast enough to capture the data coming out of the camera.

Also, the point of the project forums is for people to discuss project ideas, not to ask for step-by-step solutions (that's what you pay engineers to do) - no-one's going to do the hard work for you :P