SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By nickstarinskas
Hello,
I have been using the Tsunami WAV trigger and it is an amazing product. I have been using it to trigger sound effects with my guitar amp's pedal board, and recently have tried it with this monophonic audio to MIDI Converter.

https://reverb.com/item/2284452-sonuus- ... w.ds&pla=1

For some reason I can't get it to register any of the G2M's MIDI and I'm not sure why. Has anyone else had trouble with specific devices like this?
By robertsonics
Need a little more info. As I understand it, Tsunami is not reacting to the MIDI output of the G2M?

What is the G2M supposed to be sending? Note-On and Note-Off messages? Do you know what MIDI Channel and Note Numbers it's sending? Have you named your tracks corresponding to the expected note numbers?

You say that you've used Tsunami successfully with your guitars amp pedal board. Does this use MIDI or the trigger inputs? If this is the first time you've connected MIDI, are you sure you have the polarity correct?

The more info you can provide, the more help I can be...

By the way, the G2M looks like a pretty cool product. I notice the link you provided was a reverb listing. Is this still a currently manufactured and supported product?