SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By fehknt
I'm trying to get the SCD30 working on Android Things. Used the arduino library and the protocol spec docs to get the I2C library working (at least it appears to be working). It detects the device at the correct address and does communicate and CRC8 checks out on responses.

However, it's been plugged in for >7d now (was hoping maybe it just was the autocalibration needed to run) and it still returns "00" in the ready to read (aka, not ready to read).

I read elsewhere that there should be an orange light when it's taking a measurement and I've set it to take automatic measurements every 2s both with and without autocal enabled, but have never seen an orange light. Is there anything I can do? Should I try to get a replacement?
By paulvha
having worked to get the SCD30 working on an ESP32, I know that this device is using clockstretching, which must be enabled from/before the first communication with the device. The Arduino is handling that by default, the ESP32 has a I2c software implementation where the clock stretch time-out can be set. Not sure how Android things iSCD30 arduino driver handles this.
regards,
Paul