SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
Wow - I'm lost and not finding any other support forums on this.

Recently purchased a SparkFun Robertsonics Tsunami WAV board. Reviewed SDCard info on Robertsonics website and purchased cards that are recommended for use.

Ensured they are formatted as FAT32.
Loaded the demo files on.
Installed card, power up.
Note: I have yet to hook up anything to actually hear the audio because of the following issues:

- Receiving an error message (I believe) on power up:
The Status LED is flashing once every two seconds. I would call it a short flash, which is not an option for the error messages listed on the User Guide, but the closest option for available error messages yields "No SD card found".

- Upon connecting to a computer, and loading the Configurator app, at the bottom of the app is the message: ">No compatible COM ports found" and under Trigger Test COM Port in the Port drop down box is the msg "No USB Serial Devices"

I really thought it would be later in this project that I'd reach a brickwall, but I'm stumped at the starting box with my extremely limited experience/knowledge and unexpected results. (Exciting!)

Any ideas on:
- What the heck is wrong?
- Is there a more appropriate forum?
- Google-fu magic because I'm just coming up with the forums here, the Robertsonics website (which doesn't have a forum, or I've just not found it), and places to purchase the board?
- Biscuits?

ETA: This is what ignorant looks like: It seems the blink is "Short every 3 sec" (I was admittedly watching & counting "1 alligator...2 alligator...") is the normal status message for all good (per another post here on the forum I didn't find earlier). This is different than the information on the Robertsonics website which states that solid is the non-error status. I think. Ack! heh Posting this here in case anyone else searches and comes up with this thread.

Further question: is my (now current) understanding that short flash + 3 sec is normal?
I don't believe there's anything wrong.

When you power up Tsunami, what you should see on the LED is 3 blinks followed by a short flash every 3 seconds. This means that a formatted microSD card was found (3 blinks) and the firmware is now waiting for you to tell it to do something (flash every 3 seconds.)

The serial port option in the Configurator app is just an option that allows you to test trigger settings without writing an init file, but only if you have a USB-to-serial adaptor plugged into your computer. It's not a requirement to create and save init files.

If you haven't done so, I highly recommend going through the SparkFun hookup guide.
Thank you for the response!

Admittedly I found further info *after* I posted but couldn't find an option in the system to Delete my query.
Note: I was searching the User Guide for "error" but didnt' parse that the error codes were specific to the firmware update.

Everything is working as expected.
Now I have to figure out about mounting it in a case and how it will work with my rig. :)

Since you were the one who responded, a heartfelt "Thank you" for an awesome product and all your work & support on this.
To solder & dream once again, huzzah

...and I'm watching your Carina project!