SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By DiamondDave
Hi there

I'm a bit new to this card so I'm not sure I haven't done something stupid!
I've got the BLE mate 2 card connected to a Arduino Pro Micro. I started testing its workings yesterday and couldn't get much sanity from it. Running the Sparkfun library test sketch wasn't giving me any found devices and was actually reporting MODULE_ERROR.
I edited the actual library code to determine what might be happening and is looks like the "SCN ON" command was returning "OK". According to the doco, thats not what it does, so I'm not sure why it was sending back OK.
Then continuing on this morning, a couple of times randomly after loading the test sketch to try to find a little bit more out, it was failing in the initial setup with "Module reset error!".
I started to write another sketch to see what was actually happening when it gets the RST command and its just timing out. And there are no LEDs turned on on the card.
I'm starting to think its dead, but not sure what I can test to see if the cards dead or just "out to lunch" though I'm not sure what that would mean anyway?
Is there some way to cause a "hard" reset? Or is there a voltage on there somewhere I could test to see if the card is really alive or dead?

Thanks for any help
Dave
By DiamondDave
Hi again

No takers...

Any info really appreciated!

Thanks
Dave