SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By steembc
I have an MP3 Trigger board which I bout about 4 years ago. I want to interface it with an Arduino UNO, but I need to be able to trigger individual songs and then poll for a "song finished" signal.

Can the MP3 Trigger do this? For the application I'm using, I need to tell some relays to de-energize once on of the songs stops playing.

There are 9 total songs. I need the Arduino to trigger song 1, then at the end of the song, de-energize its relays on the relay shield. Then it needs to trigger song 2, let it play, and de-energize its relays again. It's for an electro-mechanical arcade game. Essentially I need the circuitry to know when an MP3 file has finished playing.

Thanks!
By n1ist
According to the documentation, it will send an X on the serial port when the track is over. Since you have the Arduino, I would hook the serial port on the MP3 trigger to the Arduino (soft serial is fine; there's very little data going over that port) and talk to it that way rather than bother having the Arduino drive the trigger inputs.

https://robertsonics.com/resources/mp3t ... -02-04.pdf