SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By artlosi
Hope this does not uselessy overcrowds the forum (I went through the seven given suggestions, before asking, with no success).
My (naif) question: on scanners GT-521Fxx, is it possible to use the ICPCK signal to switch on/off the rest of the scanner by the MCU? I mean: the scanner is in the idle status, the metallic frame of the sensor is touched, the ICPCK goes high, the MCU senses the ICPCK and switches on the Vin the UART JST-SH connector keeping it on for a sufficient minimum time, after the ICPCK goes low the MCU swithces off the said Vin so putting the scanner in idle mode again.
Is that correct?
Thanks
Arturo
By paulvha
I expect that you need VCC to get a HIGH signal level output on ICPCK. Where else would the HIGH be coming from? Next to that it might be that the on-board processor is outputting the signal (and thus needs to be operational). But you can always try it :-)
By artlosi
Thanks paulvha.
Naively, I was thinking the touch be processed in a separate circuitry, with the same GND as the scanner but separate VCC (as if a complete touch sensor had been added to the previous version of the scanner).
So, the ICPCK signal can be used to switch on/off the leds that light the scanning area, not the whole scanner.
Could you please tell what signal ICPDA is?
Thanks again.
By paulvha
According to other documentation the ICPDA is used when programming/updating the firmware in IC touch. Not used during normal operation