SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By jack2jack
Hi,
excuse my english, I am a swiss guy, posting the first time on this Board...
i'm highly intersted in buying the Tsunami board, cause it does exactly what I need for a particular Audio_art_Installation.
I read some of the informations about programming and using the various Trigger functions, including the serial-port approach to send commands to the board. So far so good.
What I would like to do:
1...8 track multiple mono-files are playing (using the synced start feature) in loop mode.
Any given moment, the output volume of all 1...8 channels should fade to a certain Level (for example. -20dB), using a certain ramp time (let's say 3000 ms) to get there.
Next command would be: the volume output should revert to the original Level, using again a certain ramp time.
Commands would likely be triggered by motion detector or any other kind of switch.
I suppose this could be achieved by using an Arduino or other Logic boards.
Is there a possibility to do it in a easier way, without an additional peace of gear ?

Thanks a lot for any help
Christian
By robertsonics
Welcome. You can indeed start 8 tracks in sync, but in order for them to stay in sync while looping, they will all have to be exactly the same length. You can do this either with an input trigger or using serial commands.

Achieving the volume fades will require sending fade commands via the serial connection - there's currently no way to achieve programmable fade times with input triggers. You'll likely require another processor (e.g. Arduino) to interface and interpret your motion sensors in any event.

The easiest way to do this is to use an Arduino (3.3V, such as a Teensy) and the Tsunami Arduino Library. This will give you complete control over your sensor logic, fade times, etc.