SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By Fiona
Hello,

I am having trouble running any of the Adafruit example code for my 32x32 LED matrix board. I originally thought the board I ordered was manufactured by Adafruit and was in contact with them about my board. We have confirmed that my wiring of the board is not an issue. Maybe it would be simplest if you could please read my correspondance on the Adaruit forum as it clearly explains my problem and all the steps I have taken so far to rule out where the error is coming from. https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.p ... 31#p646631

Having given the Adafruit support team the product number of the panel, I know now that it is a SparkFun product:
COM-12584 SF
RGB LED Panel - 32x32
Batch# 100946

I had hoped that your guide on the wiring of the board would solve my problem (https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/rg ... ple-sketch) but the only difference I have noticed in your instructions is that CLK should be wired to the Arduino pin 11. Unfortunately, even with this configuration (and changing the example Arduino code to match the CLK pin 11 output obviously), the results are the same.

I would greatly appreciate any help with this!

Thanks
Fiona
By paulvha
weird. Looking at your pictures on the Arduino forums, it shows the complete wheel, but the different fragments are on the wrong place on the screen. 2 are horizontal not on the right place, 2 are vertical they are not on the right place. Looking at the sketch I see that y can be as maximum matrix.width and x can be as maximum matrix.height. In the driver however it is exactly the opposite (y check against height, x is check against width) But as both are 32 it should not matter, as a circle is drawn anyway.

If A0 - A3 would be wrongly wired it would impact the vertical rows. BUT the rows are addressed as interlaced rows of 2 x 16. As such I would not expect the 2 top to be exchanged and the bottom 2 to be on their horizontal place. The bottom 16 rows however are a complete mirror of the top 16 rows, but the colors are different (but correct). What I found also weird is the output picture is the same for setting for single and double header in the sketch, while the A0 -A3 are exactly the opposite. The output should have been different.

Then there is the issue of wrong 2 horizontal positions. The rounded side of the blocks should on the outside. The Green and Yellow blocks should be exchanged as well as the Red and Blue blocks. The horizontal is a (nearly) a straight forward copy from memory. NO wire can impact this.

The colors on the fragments are all good, so the RGB1 and RGB0 are connected correctly, the enable, clocking and latching is working. Reading from others, where the wheel sketch and library is working well. I only can come to one conclusion: the LED matrix has a problem and should be replaced.