SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By ozitracker
I running a Sketch on the OSEPP FIO(Arduino FIO) board that is sending gps data to pin 1 on a XBEE 900 HP module(TX) which in turn is transmitting the data to the XBEE Coordinator*RX) connected to the computer and our software which shows position on a map. Runs with no problems.
I can load the same Sketch into the Sparkfun FIO V3 board with no problems but the board does not send the data to pin 1 of the XBEE module.
By paulvha
isn't the data exchange with the standard TXD/ RXD and as such pin 2 and 3 of the Xbee socket? Pin 1 is VCC on the socket.
some thoughts :
Have you connected over Bluethooth or with FTDI connection? In the later case the connection has to be removed.
Does the DTR need to be connected with DIO3? (SJ1 ?)
By ozitracker
You are right Pin 1 is VCC. Pin 3 on the XBee socket is Data In.I am powering the gps receiver from the FIO on 3V3 and GND. Pin D2 on the FIO is connected to RX on the GPS. TX on the GPS is connected to PIn D3 on the FIO. The same connections I am using on the OSEPP FIO. I programmed the board using the USB connection. Are pins D2 and D3 dual purpose on the Sparkfun FIO and it has to be specified in the sketch on how they are to be used?
By paulvha
The Arduino serial is using the RX/TXD, which are also is used for for Xbee and USB connection (the FIO, like UNO only has ONE real UART). The FIO with Xbee is often programmed over Bluetooth to prevent conflict. Maybe unplugging the USB can have the desired result. The board, schematics, looks the same..When reading about this combination I often see that DIO3 and DTR needs to be connected. Not sure why, but it could be have impact on the Xbee activities. Maybe Check how you orginal board is wired ? otherwise share the sketch..maybe there is something we can try to help..