SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By hdesknab
Hi,
Got a minor problem, I can not do a reset on my ProMicro boards.
I have tried the "double Tap" but nothing happends, the power LED lights permanently without any visible changes, and i can not upload a new bootloader?
I have connected a Arduino UNO rev.3 as an ISP but when trying to upload a new bootloader I get (at the end):
"avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00"
and this repeats 10 times before a get "Error while burning bootloader"
I am running Arduino IDE vesion 1.8.4, with the most current board drivers/files on LinuxMint 17.3
Any ideas before i deem this ProMicro as "electronic vast"
For info i got a 2ńd ProMicro 5V16 MHz that is working as expected just like the one i got problems with, so from my piont of view the "system" setup is working.
The problem started when i was trying to change a sketch to run a 1.3" OLED display it run fine for a couple of times, but all of a sudden it stopped working.
By hdesknab
Update: I got the "faulty" ProMicro up and running when I was able to upload a new bootloader.
After that I was able to upload a sketch (once) and can not change it or upload a new sketch ?
Been trying to "reset (both once and twice)", and i can see that the USB port is changing state on reset but I still can not upload a new sketch ?