SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By jadudm
Hi team,

My question is about the edge connector for the micro:bit breakout.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13988

1. What is that part? Can someone help point me at it in a parts catalogue or similar? (The connector itself.)

2. Is there an Eagle/KiCAD/Upverter/Fritzing part for that connector? Again, if so, could someone point me at it?

I'd really like to design (for example) a sewable carrier for the micro:bit, so that a colleague and I can work on some soft-circuit projects with the micro:bit. This would, essentially, be a Lilypad-like carrier for the micro:bit. Yes, it will be bulky. C'est la vie.

Either way, the electrical design isn't hard, but I don't know what the best way to do the design work on that part would be. Given that Sparkfun has designed a few boards (the breakout, the motor/weather "shields", etc.), I'm wondering if someone here might have some pointers/ideas?

Cheers,
Matt
By darrellg
It's a 0.05-inch (1.27mm) pitch, 2x40 edge connector. Sparkfun has them on back-order, but Adafruit has them in stock, as well as many other sites. Note that the top and bottom side contacts are are the same, and the wide contacts on the Micro:bit use more than one pin.