SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By TheNoob
Hello everyone

I am looking for some information on how to solder a push button on to the sparkfun wav trigger

I've purchased it a few weeks ago for a project I am doing for an r/c show and shine and I would love some help

Thank you

Derek.
By TheNoob
Valen wrote:Then you obviously have not looked at the Hookup guide.
I have and it doesn't show the push button hookup I wouldn't have posted here if it was in there.
By robertsonics
Are you asking about the wiring, soldering or how a pushbutton works? Any switch or momentary-on pushbutton can be wired directly to the trigger input and its corresponding ground pin. It's just 2 wires. All you're doing is shorting the input trigger to ground when the button is pushed.

Check out the Tsunami Hookup guide. It doesn't use a pushbutton, just a simple wired held across the pads.

While lots of people do it, I don't recommend soldering wires directly to the pads on any circuit board. It's too easy to pull the wire and rip the trace off the board. If you do, make sure you solder the pads on both sides of the board to the wire. The trigger inputs are designed for 0.1" headers, which you can then use to connect jumper wires.