SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By Lance
Hi, I just purchased a Wav trigger for a very simple playback project. I am adding new sounds to a pinball machine, and when switches are grounded, the sounds will be triggered. The problem I am having is that the sounds playback slightly slower than they should, and this causes the sounds to be of a lower pitch. The sounds are voice sounds, and the voices are quite a bit deeper than the originals. The sounds when played back on my computer (windows) sound fine.

I have tried two cards, thinking that maybe the card was the issue. I've tried a SanDisk ultra 16gb, which is "orange" in the card recommendation chart. I then went out and found a Sandisk class 4 8gb, which I'm assuming is exactly the same as the 4gb class 4 that is "green" in the chart. The slow playback continued.

I do not have a TTL serial adapter as I was hoping to just plug and play, seeing that this project is so simple. This means that I do not know which driver I'm running. To my logic, this shouldn't matter as I'm assuming that even the initial driver (I'd likely have a far newer one than the first) would at least play back sounds at the appropriate speed.

I'm at a loss, and any help would be appreciated. :think:

Cheers,

Lance
By robertsonics
My guess is that you're using files that are sampled at 48kHz. Confirm, and if so, re-sample them to 44.1kHz using Audacity or similar audio editor.
By Lance
Thanks! Yes, that was the issue. I didn't see the project rate at the lower left corner of Audacity. Thanks!