SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By RoyD
While configuring my Bluetooth RN-42, I entered the command SU,92 and immediately followed with the boot command R,1. This of course resulted in setting the baud rate to 921000 and locking it in flash memory. The plan was to enter SU,96 which would have set the baud rate to 9600.

Any attempt to communicate with the unit has failed. There is nothing I am aware of to allow communication from my PC at this speed. Documentation refers to Factory Reset for Evaluation boards to set dip-switch 1. Of course I don't have an evaluation board. It also refers to change the GPIO7 value (baud rate) or GPIO4 (factory reset) through the command node, of which communication is currently impossible.

Does anyone have suggestions, besides purchasing a replacement as to how to restore communication to the unit?
By lyndon
Find the datasheet for the RN42, I think the Factory Reset is pin 4. It will tell you what state the pin needs to be to reset itself.
By RoyD
Totally missed it. The information is covered in the description of the bluetooth.

Note: The hardware reset pin PIO4 of the RN-42 module is broken out on the bottom side of the board.

Thanks!