SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By ThingOne
I purchased a usb host shield here about 2 months ago. I finally got around to using it. I have it set up on a small 2 wheel chassis. It have an arduino Uno, an adafruit motor shield 2.0 and the usb host shield stacked in that order. I'm using it to connect via bluetooth dongle, I also got here, to a PS3 controller. On my bench it works great and everything runs perfect. My issue is any sort of small bump causes it to no longer to react to the controller. Just putting it on the floor can cause this. I've checked it in the serial monitor and it seems to lose connection with the controller. The controller shows as connected still and i assume the dongle is too. Though i'm not sure how to check this to be sure.

Has anyone else had issues like this? What was done to solve it?

I did notice the USB shield has a part with some damage to the lid. If i'm reading the marking correct it say's 12000 SPK W16. It's a small surface mount device located just above the GPIN 4 and 5.

I've also found that these can be incredibly picky when it come to a bluetooth dongle. But it works fine until it hits a bump.