SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By RobMonkey
Hi Guys,
I was wondering if you could help me. I am building an r2d2 themed electric skateboard. I have a battery pack that would provide power to the motor, and it has a usb port. I would like to use that usb port to connect a music system (ideally a soundboard with an sd card and a small speaker /with bluetooth connectivity) so that when I turn on the skateboard it makes a welcoming r2d2 sound. I have no experience in coding or doing any of these things, hence why i’m here asking for your help :) I was thinking whether to purchase this small bluetooth speaker with sd card capability https://www.aliexpress.com/item/X3-Wire ... 0.0.KQFdJc , remove the plastic , revealing the raw electrics and connecting this to the skateboard battery. I understand that I would somehow need to program the speaker so that when it turns on it plays the r2d2 sounds from the sd card and once it finishes playing it turns off the speaker. Could you tell me whether its possible to do this with the speaker i sent in the link, or do you advise buying everything seperately and building it. If you advise building it could you recommend the stuff that I would need to build it?

Appreciate your help ;)
Regards

Rob